[tab title=”Detailed Itinerary”]
DAY 01: AIRPORT – NEGOMBO – (20 KMS – 20 MINS)
You will be greeted by Sunny Ceylon Travels staff at the airport, and then we will transfer you to the most nearest destination to the airport to rest and relax. In the evening take a boat ride down the Dutch canal and its alluring places. (BOAT RIDE)
(HOTEL: JETWING BEACH – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 02: NEGOMBO – DAMBULLA – (160 KMS – 04 HRS)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and depart to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, this place is to house the Elephants were sick, lost and abandoned, and in the evening take a walk to Dambulla cave temple, it is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. The rock towers 160m over the surrounding plains. There are about 80 caves in the area. Major attractions are spread over 5 caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are related to Lord Buddha and his life. There total of 153 Buddha statues, 3 statues of Sri Lankan kings and 4 statues of gods and goddesses. This temple complex dates back to the 1st century BC. (WALKING & HIKING)
(HOTEL: AMAYA LAKE – SUPERIOR – BB)
DAY 03: DAMBULLA – SIGIRIYA – (60 KMS – 01 HOUR)
After breakfast you will be driven to Sigiriya to climb the impregnable rock fortress of the 4th century. King Kassapa built his palace on the top of this rock and decorated its sides with colorful frescoes. On a small plateau about halfway up the side of this rock he built a gateway in the form of an enormous lion. (WALKING & HIKING)
(HOTEL: AMAYA LAKE – SUPERIOR – BB)
DAY 04: DAMBULLA – ANURADHAPURA 100 KMS – 02 HRS
Check out from the hotel and depart to Minneriya National Park for wild life safari, This park is a dry season feeding ground for the elephant population dwelling in forests, and then to Anuradhapura.
(HOTEL: FOREST ROCK GARDEN RESORT – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 05: ANURADHAPURA – POLONNARUWA – (110 KMS – 02 HRS)
After breakfast explores the city, Anuradhapura is one of the ancient capitals of Sri Lanka, famous for its well-preserved ruins of ancient Sri Lankan civilization. It was 3rd capital of the ancient Kingdom. Cycling is the best way to explore the city and it’s ruins and the handy works of the ancient times. And driven to Polonnaruwa. (CYCLING)
(HOTEL: DEER PARK HOTEL – SUPERIOR COTTAGES – BB)
DAY 06 & 07: POLONNARUWA – TRINCOMALEE – (130 KMS – 02 HRS)
After breakfast depart to Trincomalee for deep sea dive, plus whale and dolphin watching takes place during the months of February to April. (DIVE & WHALES)
(HOTEL: JUNGLE BEACH – BEACH CHALET – BB)
DAY 08 & 09: TRINCOMALEE – PASSIKUDAH – (110 KMS – 02 HRS)
Check out from the hotel and drive to Passikudah, we have a boat ready to go on deep sea fishing, and then in the evening let’s join with locals to fly kites. (FISHING & KITING)
(HOTEL: MAALU MAALU RESORTS & SPA – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 10: PASSIKUDAH – KANDY – (200 KKMS – 04 HRS)
After breakfasts depart to Kandy, It is the second largest city in the country after Colombo. It was the last capital of the ancient kings’ era of Sri Lanka. Kandy is the home of The Temple of the Tooth Relic, one of the most venerable places for the Buddhist community of Sri Lanka and all around the world. It was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1988. Watch the traditional rituals are performed daily at 1730 hrs by the temple workers. (CULTURAL SHOW)
(HOTEL: MAHAWELI REACH HOTEL – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 11: KANDY – NUWARA ELIYA – (100 KMS – 02 HRS)
After breakfasts depart to Nuwara Eliya for one night, the city was founded by Samuel Baker, the discoverer of Lake Albert and the explorer of the Nile in 1846. Nuwara Eliya’s climate lent itself to becoming the prime sanctuary of the British civil servants and planters in Ceylon. Nuwara Eliya, called Little England then, was also a hill country retreat where the British colonialists could immerse in their pastimes such as fox hunting, deer hunting, elephant hunting, polo, golf and cricket. (HORTON PLAINS HIKE)
(HOTEL: HERITANCE TEA FACTORY – SUPERIOR – BB)
DAY 12: NUWARA ELIYA – ELLA – (100 KMS – 02 HRS)
Ella is quite famous for many travelers, everyone’s favorite hill-country village and the place to ease off the travel accelerator with a few leisurely days resting in your choice of some of the country’s best ecofriendly resorts & guesthouses. The views through Ella Gap are stunning, and on a clear night you can even spy the subtle glow of the great basses lighthouse on Sri Lanka’s south coast. Don’t be too laid-back, though: definitely make time for easygoing walks through tea plantations to temples, waterfalls and viewpoints. (NATURE WALK)
(HOTEL: 98 ACRES RESORTS – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 13 & 14: ELLA – ARUGAMBAY – (140 KMS – 03 HRS)
Leave the Ella in the morning to Arugambay for a Wave surfing, but beyond surfing there are many things can be enjoyable, lagoon tour, bird watching, elephant watching, Kumana National Park, Kudumpigala monarchy and many ancient ruins & archaeological sites.(SURFING)
(HOTEL: KOTTUKAL BEACH HOUSE – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 15: ARUGAM BAY – YALA – (210 KMS – 05 HRS)
Depart right after the breakfast to visit Yala National Park, Yala harbors 215 bird species including six endemic species of Sri Lanka. The number of mammals that has been recorded from the park is 44, and it has one of the highest leopard densities in the world. (WILDLIFE)
(HOTEL: JETWING YALA – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 16 & 17: YALA – TANGALLE – (110 KMS – 02 HRS)
Take another trip to Yala National Park in the morning, and then depart to Tangalle for rest and relax in a beach front resort. (LEISURE)
(HOTEL: KURUMBA HOUSE – SUITE – BB)
DAY 18 & 19: TANGALLE – HIKKADUWA – (100 KMS – 02 HRS)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Galle to see the Galle fort, turtle hatchery farm, overnight stay in Hikkaduwa. (WATER SPORTS)
(HOTEL: ROMAN BEACH HIKKADUWA – CEASER – BB)
DAY 20: HIKKADUWA – COLOMBO – (100 KMS – 02 HRS)
After breakfasts check out from the hotel and depart to Colombo, sightseeing, shop and dine.
(HOTEL: CINNAMON LAKESIDE – DELUXE – BB)
DAY 21: COLOMBO – AIRPORT – (50 KMS – 01 HOUR)
Transfer to the airport to connect to your flight. (Reporting time at airport 3 hours before flight as required by airline)
[tab title=”Includes & Excludes”
- Prices are valid for tours commencing and completed including and within the dates specified
- Prices are total sharing a DBL room on BB basis
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of making the reservation.
- In the event of the required/specified hotel not being available a suitable alternative will be offered with or without a supplement
- Cancellation/refund restrictions will apply once reservations are made
- Changes to the chronology of the tour may be made as required based on arrival and departure times
- Prices given will not apply to a single person on tour
- Extra compulsory supplements will apply on Christmas and New Year’s eve – final costing will be based on actual dates of travel
[tab title=”Includes & Excludes”
- Meet on arrival and drop off on departure
- Accommodation as specified on double sharing basis inclusive of breakfast
- All applicable taxes & hotel service charge
- Transportation as per the itinerary in an A/C Van for up to 2600 Kms with English speaking chauffeur guide
- Chauffeur accommodation while on tour
- Camera/Video permits at certain sites
- Entrance fees to key sites & events on the itinerary
- Every additional Km will be charged at LKR 30/=
- Fees for safari jeeps and entrance tickets to national parks
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Refreshments / meals while on travelling
- How fit do I need to be for this tour? Is this trip for me? This tour is suitable for any kind of person, no previous experience is required.
- Will somebody come to pick me up at the Airport upon my arrival?Yes, our airport representative will be there to greet you at the airport. He will be displaying Sunny Ceylon Travels sign-board. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- What sort of accommodation can I expect in in this tour?We provide wide range of hotels from Villas to Boutique, 2 star to 5 star hotel accommodations for the entire trip. The hotels offer the facilities of attached bathrooms, dining room, a bar, Internet services, hot shower and so forth.
- What sort of food can I expect in the tour? All the restaurants that we dine at cater for Continental, Chinese, Mexican, American based cuisine with some local influences, always plenty to choose from.
- What mode of transportation do you use? We use comfortable and reliable Japanese Toyota SUVs, vans or micro-buses to transport our guests. These light-weight vehicles are maneuverable in the narrow roads of Sri Lanka. You will have a vehicle, a guide and a licensed driver at your disposal at all times. We use our own Fleet service for Transportation
- What is the best season for this trip? The best season for this Tour is anytime between April to October
- What are the weather and the temperature like? Unlike many other Asian destinations, Sri Lanka can lay genuine claim to being a year-round holiday destination. You just have to know which side of the island to focus on in any given month, and this is never more important than when planning your beach destination. Unquestionably, the starting point when planning your trip in Sri Lanka understands the two monsoon seasons.The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March. In the north and eastern coastal regions of the country, the weather is influenced by the north-eastern monsoon, which brings wind and rain between October and January, and dryer weather between May and September.
- Is the Sunny Ceylon Travels a member of the tour & travel agencies association in Sri Lanka? Yes. In fact, our company is the active member of Sri Lanka Tour and Travel Agencies Association.
- Do your guides have Tour guide certificates from the Sri Lanka Tourism Board? Yes, they have all received 06 months diploma training from the Tourism board in Sri Lanka.
- Is there a minimum and a maximum number for your groups? We cater to all group sizes, while maintaining the field staff ratio to give you the best quality and experience.
- Do we book our own international flights to and from Sri Lanka? Yes, you need to book your own International flights. We are a local agent and it would cost you significantly higher to book through us. But we can assist you with our quotation too.
- Will it be possible to get any clothes washed or Laundry? Laundry service is easily available at your hotel and there are many laundry store in the Colombo. Please note that laundry service is not included in the package price.
- Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment on my trip? These facilities are available in all the places in your hotel. Remember to bring your adapters!
- Is there any communication while we are on tour? There are telephones and Internet facilities available so you can always stay in contact with your family.
- Can I use credit cards in the places I visit? ATMs are available in island wide. Major credit cards are accepted in all places but you need to pay 4% extra as bank levy, which might make cash more preferable.
- How much additional money do I need per day? It depends on your spending habits. We estimate USD 30 to 50 a day will be enough to buy lunch, dinner, chocolates and a few drinks.
- Do I need to tip my guide and driver? How much would that be?Tips are always expected. It is a small gesture of thanks to the field staff towards the end of the tour USD 20 per guide and USD 10 per driver per day is recommended per group, but it is entirely up to your wishes
- Is the water fine to drink? Do I need to bring purifying tablets/filter? Bottled water is available in all places. If you wish to drink normal water, you are suggested to use purifying aid, which you need to bring with you.
- Are the Sunny Ceylon Travel’s staff insured? Our company insures all our staff members, including guides
- What essential documents do I need to bring with me on tours? Here are some documents that you will need to carry with you:
- Valid Passport – must be valid for up to 6 months after you return from your tour, keep a separate photocopy.
- Travel insurance, keep a separate photocopy
- Cash and Traveller’s Cheques, keep numbers and proof of purchase separately
- Emergency contact numbers for T/C’s, banks, insurance, family contacts.
- Can I add extra days to my trip? A holiday should never be about making it to the final point quickly. Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
- I would you like to extend my holiday, any recommendations? Yes, there are a plenty of options and choices to extend your holiday before or after your main trip. Please go into our trip extension page for further information.
- What immunizations will I need? No vaccinations are compulsory for travelling in Sri Lanka, but we do recommend you are covered for diphtheria & TB, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, polio and tetanus.
We also recommend
- A dental check-up prior to travelling.
- That you know your blood group in case of emergency.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions which might affect you on tour, you make these known to your tour leader and Sunny Ceylon Travels at the time of your booking.
[tab title=”Trip Extension”]